Mittwoch, 2. September 2009

Working???

The hotel is absolutely beautiful and consists of 6 roundhouses, 4 apartments, and the main house with reception. Everything is perfectly designed and the hotel has its name (Isla Verde = Green Island) for a good reason. My job is also pretty easy; the hotel does not have a super complicated computer booking system and once I can understand everything in Spanish, I’ll feel completely comfortable working here. Since Eva (my boss) will not be here for a whole month, my main job is to get up early and turn off the all the lights, help with preparing breakfasts for the guests, taking the dogs for their walk at noon and being around the house/reception after 6 pm till 10 pm to welcome guests; nothing too complicated! Compared to the other hotels where I worked, I do not have to wear uncomfortable business attire. I can just run around and work in jeans and t-shirts!

Right now it’s rainy season and not very busy. However, so far I haven’t seen a lot of very rainy days. It’s usually nice in the mornings and in the afternoons it starts to rain a bit. But since it’s still warm (around 25 degrees Celsius), the rain doesn’t bother me so much.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen