Mittwoch, 30. September 2009

And I thought there was no nightlife!!!

After about a month in Boquete, I finally managed to go out. Why so late, you might ask? Well, before I didn't have a collegue and although I could have called in a replacement for the late shift, I don't feel comfortable enough to go out alone in Boquete as a blond girl.
But Sabine has always told me that there is not much of a nightlife in Boquete because during the week the bars close at 10 o'clock.
After meeting Dania, a girl from Israel, at the office of Boquete Outdoor Adventures, we immediately became friends because she was travelling alone and I don't know much people here who are my age. In the afternoon we went for a walk with the dogs and for the night we planned on going for a beer. She collected a few more people who stayed at the hostel with her and we went off to Zansibar. We tried to get Jim (the owner of Boquete Outdoor Adventures) to come with us, but his excuse was that he has to repair his fridge...how lame!
I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea which turned out to be very strong and as a groupe we smoked two shishas (water pipes). After three more beers and a shot, I was pretty drunk. However, the other people in the group had met some Panamanians who knew a bar which would be open after 10 pm. So, we squeezed into a car (having 4 people on the back seat), were driven to Romero (the 24-hour grocery store) because the guys wanted to get some cigarettes and then we parked in the back of a building which didn't have any lights on the way to the entrance. To get inside you had to know somebody who knows the bar because before you were let in, they checked the faces through a camera. Inside there was a pool table, the drinks were cheap, and it was smoky. But I didn't really feel like any more drinks, so I just talked to various guys (mostly Panamanians). At 2 am I decided that it was time to go home because I knew I would have to get up at 7 in the morning. But when I left the bar, I realized that I didn't really know where I was. Furthermore, it was foggy and it night, everything looks different anyway. So, after going into the wrong direction for a few minutes, I recognized a restaurant figured out that I would have to turn around. It turned out that this secret bar was quite close to the hotel. But I still had one more obstacle to overcome: I have never before tried to unlock the door to my room because I always came through the main door of the hotel. It turned out that unlocking the door was much impossible and by the time my collegue woke up, the lock was so jammed up that she had to open the main door for me. (The next morning I again tried to unlock the door and was glad to see that it still wasn't possible although I was completely sober! :-P Then I practiced with Migdalia, our cleaning lady, a bit and now I can open that door in much shorter time.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen