Mittwoch, 30. September 2009

We never made it to the hot springs...

Dania had met an American family who wanted to take her to the hot springs of Caldera. She told me about them and said that I could come along.
At 10 am we took the bus in the direction of David to get off at a gated community where that American family was living. After about an hour, everybody was finally organized and we went to Caldera. There we went to a hotel resort in the mountains to meet some more Americans. This resort had a pool and we spent a lot of time there.

There seemed to be a case of miscommunication because Dania had thought that we would go straight to the hot springs and would be back by afternoon, so that I could work from 3 pm on. However, the Americans planned on spending the whole day there until 8 or 9 pm. But they were really nice and promised me to bring me back to the main road to catch a bus to be at work in time.
But the hot springs were about 4 km away from that resort and nobody wanted to drive us there because they said it was too hot to walk the remaining 500 m up the hill to the springs. Instead we decided to find a waterfall close to the resort. But after trying out several trails which all ended in dead ends, we gave up.
By that time, it was already time for me to go home. But on the way we wanted to stop at another waterfall. This time we found it and it was very beautiful and the water was refreshing and clean. When it was 3.30 pm I made the Americans drive me to the main road to Boquete.

However, catching a bus in Panama is not so easy because they don't have set schedules. And after waiting for 40 minutes, I finally made it into an overcrowded bus. Since there weren't any seats left, I stood in the aisle (how I would do it in Germany as well). But then a woman moved over and pushed the person beside here even further towards the window so that I could sit down. I was surprised because most Panamanian women are not very friendly towards blonde girls. But then I realized that only men were standing in the bus and that all the women got offered a seat. I guess, in Panama girls don't stand up in buses.
At 5 pm I was finally at the hotel...only 2 hours late!!! I was glad that I had already called in at noon that I would be late because I knew that Americans would never bring me back in time.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen