Montag, 14. September 2009

Counting my bruises!

On Wednesday I went white water rafting again with Boquete Outdoor Adventures.
I have to say that I liked this tour a bit better than the one before. Somehow everything was more relaxed and Jim, the owner of the company (who came with us in his safety kayak) seems to be a cool guy, especially because he has a waterproof camera (so all the pictures are from him)!
However, the tour in general was similar: it was on the same river, we saw the same animals, and the lunch was similar. But instead of squeezing 6 people into one boat, they had two boats with 3 people plus guide each. I liked the extra space although it does involve a bit more work while paddling. The guides spoke better English and gave better commands and this time we didn't lose anybody. But I have a few new bruises anyway: one on my knee because the guy beside me hit me with his paddle and a few on my side because I was flying around in the boat again! And the transport to the river was a bit different: Instead of sitting on the loading area of a pick up, we all stood in the loading area of a cattle transporter; it must have looked very funny!

However, Panama Rafters was also on the river today and I felt a bit weird when the owner of this company saw me going with another operator this time. But I guess, it doesn't matter so much because they all know each other and the three boats (two from Boquete Outdoor Adventures and one from Panama Rafters) stayed together all the time anyway. Panama Rafters didn't even have his own safety kayak this time. I guess, Jim was responsible for them as well.
At the end, Jim bought a round of beers and we had them on our way back to Boquete. People who buy me alcohol always get extra points! :-P
So, I guess that I'd most likely recommend Boquete Outdoor Adventures, especially because they have the rafting tour nearly every day (more often than Panama Rafters) and because they have lots of other tours as well (island beach day, kajaking, hiking...). I might get to do the beach day next week! :-)

PS. At first I was in the second row of the boat and later on in the first.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen