Freitag, 11. September 2009

Scared by a bird!

On the outskirts of Boquete, there is an animal rescue center called Paradise Gardens.
Before I went, I had checked their webpage and knew that they are asking for a donation of $5. But when I went there and talked to the people who run that place and mentioned that I’m from a hotel and want to see that place because I want to recommend it to my guests, they ensured me that I would not have to pay anything. However, I still gave them a donation because I think it’s a great idea.
It’s not a huge place, but a lot of fun. The first few cages included monkeys: tamarins and capuchins. The capuchins were trying to steal my jewellery and the tamarins would come really close to the fence to be pet. In the bird house I was attacked by a toucan. I’ve never really been a bird person and this one really freaked me out because he followed me everywhere! Then they had some really beautiful and huge parrots and cockatoos. The Margay cat was hiding, but at least the ant eater and jaguarondi said hello!

I think it’s a really nice place and worth going to although it’s not a zoo with thousands of different species.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen