Dienstag, 2. Juni 2009

The Toad, the Car, and the Wine

That title sounds like a great introduction to a weird short story, but it's not. I just want to tell you about a few random things that don't really have a connection.
The Toad: Yesterday Sari was cleaning the car and she suddenly screamed and said something very panicly in Finnish. The reason was a toad that had jumped on her leg. She then told me that toads are very common around the house and I wasn't so thrilled because I really dislike any animal that doesn't have fur; not to say I'm scared of them. And toads are soooooo ugly! :-/

The Car: My host family doesn't just have one Oldtimer, but two. Besides the Beetle, they also have a Triumph which was built in 1972. Tommi bought it in Great Britain and it, of course, has the steering wheel on the right side. Tommi offered me to drive it, but I wasn't brave enough yesterday. But I might in the future!

The Wine: My host parents are both wine-lovers. But the last wine they bought didn't turn out to be their taste. However, this wine reminds me of the kind my mom always buys: kinda dry and strong. So, when my host mom wanted to throw the wine box away, I stopped her and said that I would gladly drink it. However, they didn't want it to be in the kitchen any longer and now I have a box of wine with about 2 litres in it in my room. I'll probably be an alcoholic after 3 months here in Finland. I already drink at least one glass (mostly 2) per evening and now I have my own wine...how bad can it get? *lol* I mean, I've always liked alcohol, but I never drank it that regularly. By the way, the 3 litre box of wine costs 25€ in Finland and I would never throw something that expensive away!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen