Donnerstag, 13. August 2009

A weekend without electricity and running water? No, thanks! :-P

Tommi's parents have a summer cottage about an hour away from Tervalampi. However, it is very back to the basics, i.e. no electricity and no running water (just an outhouse). And when my host parents offered to spend a weekend there during the summer, I wasn't so thrilled because I insist on my morning shower! But I did at least want to see it and when Tommi told me that he'd just drop off some stuff and would only stay there for an hour, I went with him. After 15 km of driving on a highway which only had one lane in each direction (and would never be considered a highway in Germany), we turned on a small road where we did not meet another car for the next 20 minutes. From the small road we turned into an even smaller gravel road which later on turned into a very narrow dirt road with high grass growing all over it. If I didn't know Tommi that well, I would have had second thoughts about bringing me there.

Of course, as every good summer cottage in Finland it was located by a lake and it looked very cosy. And while Tommi worked doing some construction, I went to the sauna and then swimming in the lake. It was filled with spring water and after even after drying my hair, it smelled like that very fresh lake water!

On our way back, it was starting to be foggy and I was able to take some very amazing pictures!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Nice pics, but I really love the one with the moon behind the two fir trees :)
    --Julie--

    AntwortenLöschen