Freitag, 14. August 2009

Goodbye Finland!

It's my last day in Finland and tomorrow morning I'll sit in an airplane to Germany.
I definitely had a nice summer here although the weather wasn't always very summerly. Sari and Tommi became like friends to me and I'm sure we'll stay in contact. And I will miss the cuddly Arttu and the alcohol I was having every night! :-P Here I have seen the prettiest sunsets, became fascinated by taking pictures of nature, and used every chance to go swimming in one of the 187 888 lakes of Finland.
I just think it's a pity that I could never really communicate with the boys because they only speak little English and I don't speak Finnish (and language courses don't take place during the summer)! However, I think I did a good job as the first au pair in this house anyway...so good that my host parents will get a new au pair in September! :-P
But there is one thing I definitely will not miss: picking up dead, squashed, but still warm mice from the kitchen floor which were brought in by Klaara, the cat!!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen