Dienstag, 4. August 2009

Ouch!!!

I have sore muscles everywhere in my body. It even hurts at places where I didn't know that I have muscles!!! What happened? No, I didn't have a car accident or anything bad. I went horseback riding! When I was still at school, I used to go 4-5 times a week, but with entering university I had nearly completely stopped. But I still love horses and here in Finland lots of people own horses, just like the friends of my host parents. So, I asked if there is the possibility to go for a ride. Most people here have a Finnish breed called Finnhorse. Those horses were bred to serve people: to pull carriages, pull agricultural equipment... That's why they are really gentle and like being around humans and since they are used to being outside, they don't get scared easily. So, riding them is not a big challenge: you just sit straight and hold on!
We went through the forest and really stony terrain with the horses, but they don't mind. And since we did quite a lot of trotting and I'm not used to horseback riding anymore, my muscles are really sore now. But nonetheless, it was a lot of fun and I hope that in New Zealand I can do it more regularly again! I'd mostly be interested in vaulting though. I used to be in a vaulting group and took part in competions with them...it was so much fun!!! If you don't know what vaulting is, check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aZTj-MDAYw (Of course, I cannot do all those things the girl in the World Equestrian Games does...but a few! :-P)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen