Samstag, 4. Juli 2009

The Machine that gets too much Attention...

...is our dishwasher!
Well, there are families (or couples) who argue about the way the tooth paste should be squeezed out of the tube, if the toilet seat and/or lid should be up or down, or how the toilet paper should be placed into the holder. However, my host family does not argue about any of those things. They don't care how you squeeze the tooth paste out, the toilet lid is up or down (according to mood) and the toilet paper is not even in the holder most of the time. But there has to be something to argue about in every relationship or life would get boring. And here it is the dishwasher. I could have never imagined how much a dishwasher could amuse me.
The here is the story: Most of the time, I load and unload the dishwasher. And I actually enjoy that, especially if the plates are still warm when you unload it. But once in a while, Tommi loads the dishwasher and that's where it gets funny. He opens it and starts complaining: "It's all wrong. The bowels should be down there, so that you can put the glasses on top." After that he will go through the trouble of touching all the dirty dishes, getting them out of the dishwasher to reorganize the way I loaded it. It sometimes takes up to 10 minutes. Of course, he thinks he can get much more stuff in it than I do, but I doubt that. To realize how funny it really is, you'd have to be here! But I let Tommi rearrange the glasses as much as he wants, as long as it makes him happy! :-P

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen