Dienstag, 26. Mai 2009

Nature, Nature and more Nature

Last weekend I had plenty of time and that's why I though I should discover the area a bit. So, my first trip lead me into the forest behind the house. Part of it is owned by the family, but it goes on for about 30 km. And since the chance of getting lost was so big, Tommi (my host dad) gave me his old GPS. However, I was still too scared to go really far away and that's why it was fairly easy to find back to the red house. Since I have a fairly fancy camera for my means, I took a bunch of pictures just to try it out.

In the afternoon I went to the closest lake by bike. Honestly, I haven't cycled for about a year and the tiny Finnish hills gave me a very hard time. Of course, now the lakes are still too cold for swimming. Just a few weeks ago the ice on them had melted. And 3 minutes after I had arrived at the lake, it began raining and hailing. So, I hid under a roof of one of the houses and had a break which was very appreciated! :-P
By the way, in both places I was listening to music by Rosebud. Well, it actually was Edmund Lowman live in Kassel! :-P

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Sabine!
    I got hooked to your blog, I keep checking out if there are any updates on it! Thank got for Facebook and notifications that you updated the blog.
    I love the photos, everything looks so beautiful!! :)

    AntwortenLöschen