Samstag, 23. Mai 2009

The Silence and the Water

Standing in the bathroom, brushing my teeth and looking into mirror reminded me of a few advantages of Finland:
Before I came to Finland I was totally stressed out because of my final exams and I often had heartburn, slept like shit or I was quite grumpy. But here in Finland the food seems to agree with me very well, I sleep like a baby and although I had a cold for the past week, I laughed a lot and enjoyed myself here. If I don't set my alarm, I manage to sleep 10 hours straight although the boys are running around in the house or are playing playstation in front of my room. But otherwise it's totally quiet. There is no noise of cars around and the only sounds from the outside come from various birds. I'm sure that in a couple of weeks you'll see an entry here where I'm complaining about the country side and how boring it can be, but right now I really appreciate how relaxed my life is!
And then there is the water that comes out of the tap. First of all, it's very delicious! It comes from a spring under the house and is therefore void of any chemicals like chloride. My facial skin hasn't been so smooth and pretty for a long time and I'm sure that also my hair will now have the opportunity to recover from its last adventure with white blonde dye!
By the way, my host parents have actually set up a few meetings with Finnish people my age who have been to Germany themselves and would like to get to know me to practice their German. I'm all up for it because I don't know many people here yet. Let's see how it goes!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen